We had a blast at the QCB hackathon! We got so much done!
Welcome to the lab Alistair Dumaup!
Nov 8: CABSCon4 was a blast!
Oct 30: Socal Mechbio was a blast!
Oct 24: Dr. Ahmed has a blast visiting Cal Poly Pomona to give the Physics Colloquium! https://www.cpp.edu/~sci/physics-astronomy/news-events/events/seminar-wylie-ahmed-csu-fullerton.shtml
SLAMLab welcomes several new members to the group this summer!
Anthony Estrada – a physics major working on macroscopic active matter
Ryan Muoio – a masters student in physics working on entropy production in non-equilibrium systems
Lauren Nguyen – a chemistry major working on active enzymes and active swimmers
Lots of great activity going on in the last couple of months, here’s a short update:
- SLAMLab at APS March Meeting in Boston, MA – Congratulations to Corbyn, Hunter, and Mauricio for presenting their recent research progress at APS!
- Dr. Ahmed attended an exciting interdisciplinary workshop on Negative Pressure in Multiphase Environments at the University of Ulm – looking forward to some new negative pressure experiments!
- Congratulations to Mauricio and Sara for being awarded the Dan Black Family Fellowship!
- Congratulations to Corbyn for being awarded the Dan Black Family Phys-Bus Fellowship!
- Congratulations to Hunter for being awarded the Eiker Adams Award!
- Congratulations to Alex, Hunter, and Sara for being admitted to the Princeton University – Physics of Life Summer School!
- Congratulations to Mauricio for being admitted to the UCSF Summer Research Training Program!
- Congratulations to Monika for being admitted to the Univ. of Houston REU on Neurotechnologies!
- Congratulations to Corbyn for being highlighted in the OC Register!
- The DynSS (Dynamics of Small-scale Systems) group has been actively growing with their monthly seminars by Dr. Ahmed, Dr. Hargreaves, Dr. Jimenez, and Dr. Brubaker; along with hosting several colloquium speakers: Dr. Jun Allard, Dr. Ryan McGorty, Dr. Mark Ilton, and upcoming Dr. Paul Nerenberg!